Friday, December 31, 2010

Post 121! …Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!


We made it to a new record of 121 posts for 2010, with the help of some fondly remembered comic book covers and some skimpy additional material to pad the posts.

But, what the heck, as Donald gives way to the New Year’s Triplets, and 2010 gives way to 2011, I say Happy New Year to all who take time from their day to visit this Blog.
There will be lots of comics and DVDs to discuss in 2011! Hope you’ll join me in doing so!
EDIT TO THIS POST (January 02, 2011): In all the years of this cover’s existence, has anyone ever noticed that, while Donald is bidding farewell to 1942, that HD&L are ushering in the incomprehensibly far-off year of 19403?
Just noticed that myself now!

3 comments:

GeoX, one of the GeoX boys. said...

That's pretty funny. Apparently, some editor decided that readers would be too dumb to recognize that a plain ol' '4' was standing in for forty in this context.

Joe Torcivia said...

Could be the editor DID underestimate our intelligence, Geo. After all, I never noticed it before …and only caught it AFTER posting the cover on my Blog! I’ve been involved with Duck Fandom since 1980, and never heard this observed by anyone. Doesn’t mean NO ONE noticed it. Just that I’VE never heard or read any comment on it! Still, that would indicate that lots of us missed it.

More so, I believe that it was an error on the creative side, from the artist all the way through whatever editorial process existed back then.

I’m sure you know that things STILL fall through the cracks. I know from personal experience, even when working with a magnificent editor, as I do! But this one IS a bit extreme – again, for something no one noticed!

ramapith said...

Ah, WDC&S 28! One of the great covers... and I always interpreted it GeoX's way.

WDC&S 28, like issue 31, is one of those comics where I bought a coverless copy first and then–years later—found a cover to go with it...